The senior project manager will provide management direction for an extremely large project or a group of smaller projects, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. This is a highly visible position with responsibilities which impact the profit or loss of the company.
As senior project manager you will:
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Participate in developing Project Estimates and Contract negotiations with Clients.
- Negotiate and award subcontracts, draft subcontract documents, and manage subcontractor performance.
- Establish project objectives, review/establish schedules, review and adapt work sequence with Project Manager, Superintendent, project staff and subcontractors.
- Manage project financial reporting including weekly labor and material cost reviews and progress reporting, monthly cost reports, and quarterly projections of project financial performance.
- Manage project record keeping through administrative direction of project staff.
- Direct and monitor project staff and subcontractors to perform and complete work on schedule and in compliance with contract documents, project schedule and budget.
- Authorize staff and subcontractors to perform additional work, work premium time, and other tasks necessary to meet project schedules. Obtain approval for expenditures that exceed budget from project executive.
- Identify deviations from schedule and contract documents and implement corrective measures to maintain schedule and budget.
- Represent McHugh in project meetings, labor negotiations, meetings with governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the project, and other meetings necessary for project completion.
- Collaborate effectively with other internal departments and employees including safety, accounting, legal, human resources, and marketing.
- Communicate and assist in enforcing safe working standards on projects.
- Ensure high quality of work is performed on projects.
- Monitor and employee best practice to drive profitability.
- Always communicate externally and internally in a clear, effective manner.
- 4-year degree (engineering or construction management) or equivalent in experience, plus 10 years progressive experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
- Effective at managing Client relationships to achieve corporate objectives.
- Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on vital project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.).
- Must be a business-oriented person.
James McHugh Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability