The safety manager I implements and oversees all aspects of the corporate safety program. Position is typically utilized on large project sites; however, may assume total responsibility for safety on smaller projects.
As safety manager I you will:
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Assist in the coordination of safety and health for all McHugh, subcontractor, vendor and owner personnel working on the project.
- Assist in managing project safety programs with McHugh and sub-contractors.
- Assists in planning and coordinating work to minimize risks and aids in managing losses involving injuries or property damages.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct safety meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy and safety standards.
- Coordinate and control the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of our work to ensure its safe completion. This includes assessing the need for and facilitating the training for each JHA as may be required.
- Facilitate orientation of all project employees to the safety practices required by the Company.
- Periodically conducts comprehensive safety assessments.
- Recommends to project management corrective measures for unsafe conditions.
- Conducts accident investigations and completes incident reporting for Risk Management review.
- Accompanies injured employees to treatment and medical evaluation and ensures all risk management protocols are followed.
- Advises Project Management on Industrial Hygiene protocols; performs Environmental Monitoring.
- Issues Permits to work as needed for Confined Space, Slab disturbance, critical crane picks, etc.
- Administers the Company's Drug-Free Workplace Policy, ensuring proper testing for Pre-Employment, Reasonable Suspicion, Post-Accident, Random, and Follow- Up.
- Four-year occupational safety/health degree with less than 2 years construction/industrial safety experience.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, MSHA and other state and federal agency guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of Construction Safety Standards.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in high production environment (50+ hours/week, including nights and weekends are expected) and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to make independent judgments to manage and facilitate company programs/policies as they relate to the safety of our work.
- Required to stand, walk, sit and climb stairs or ladders.
- OSHA 30 hour preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, AED Preferred.
James McHugh Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability