The intern will assist in the management of a construction project, including processing and tracking submittals, RFIs, and ASIs/Construction Change Directives.
As an intern you will:
To be successful, you will need:
- Draft and track RFIs and submittals, distribute responses to all involved parties, and maintain status report of approved or pending items.
- Create and maintain revisions log of contract documents to ensure team members have the most updated construction set drawings and specifications.
- Assist with bid-cycle: provide quantity take offs, distribute bid packages, follow-up phone calls, etc.
- Manage project record keeping and document control
- Additional duties as needed.
- Sophomore, junior or senior engineering or construction major.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of computer software products.
- Must be a business-oriented person.
James McHugh Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability